- All Implemented Interfaces:
public class CacheControlSearcher extends SearcherSearcher that sets cache control HTTP headers in response based on query/GET parameters to control caching done by proxy/caches such as YSquid and YTS:
- max-age=XXX - set with &cachecontrol.maxage parameter
- stale-while-revalidate=YYY - set with &cachecontrol.staleage
- no-cache - if Vespa &noCache or &cachecontrol.nocache parameter is set to true
This is controlled through the three query parametersExample:
cachecontrol.nocache, with the obvious meanings.
- Request: "?query=foo&cachecontrol.maxage=60&cachecontrol.staleage=3600"
- Response HTTP header: "Cache-Control: max-age=60, revalidate-while-stale=3600"
- Frode Lundgren
Fields Modifier and Type Field Description
Constructors Constructor Description
All Methods Instance Methods Concrete Methods Modifier and Type Method Description
search(Query query, Execution execution)Override this to implement your searcher.
Methods inherited from class com.yahoo.search.Searcher
ensureFilled, fill, getLogger, process, toString
Methods inherited from class com.yahoo.component.chain.ChainedComponent
getAnnotatedDependencies, getDefaultAnnotatedDependencies, getDependencies, initDependencies
Methods inherited from class com.yahoo.component.AbstractComponent
clone, compareTo, deconstruct, getClassName, getId, getIdString, hasInitializedId, initId, isDeconstructable, setIsDeconstructable
public static final java.lang.String CACHE_CONTROL_HEADER
- See Also:
- Constant Field Values
searchDescription copied from class:
SearcherOverride this to implement your searcher.
Searcher implementation subclasses will, depending on their type of logic, do one of the following:
- Query processors: Access the query, then call execution.search and return the result
- Result processors: Call execution.search to get the result, access it and return
- Sources (which produces results): Create a result, add the desired hits and return it.
- Federators (which forwards the search to multiple subchains): Call search on the desired subchains in parallel and get the results. Combine the results to one and return it.
- Workflows: Call execution.search as many times as desired, using different queries. Eventually return a result.
Hits come in two kinds - concrete hits are actual content of the kind requested by the user, meta hits are hits which provides information about the collection of hits, on the query, the service and so on.
The query specifies a window into a larger result list that must be returned from the searcher through hits and offset; Searchers which returns list of hits in the top level in the result must return at least hits number of hits (or if impossible; all that are available), starting at the given offset. In addition, searchers are allowed to return any number of meta hits (although this number is expected to be low). For hits contained in nested hit groups, the concept of a window defined by hits and offset is not well defined and does not apply.
Error handling in searchers:
- Unexpected events: Throw any RuntimeException. This query will fail with the exception message, and the error will be logged
- Expected events: Create (new Result(Query, ErrorMessage) or add result.setErrorIfNoOtherErrors(ErrorMessage) an error message to the Result.
- Recoverable user errors: Add a FeedbackHit explaining the condition and how to correct it.